View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 26, 2006, 04:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy

Well, count me in the category of liking the idea as Bob posted it. If an official is serious about wanting to advance, they need to put in the time every year, not just sit back and say "I've done this for 20 years; it's my turn to do the state tournament now." The IHSA has already started down this path by having different clinics; a 4-hr. for those who just want to keep their license, and a 6-hr. for those who want to work post-season. This idea would take it a step further in allowing those who put in the effort every year to be rewarded a little more than those who do it every 3 years. Makes sense imo.

And, go Cubbies. (Sorry, Dan made me do it. It's true...it's true...)
I agree that this would be a great idea, and that is what everyone at this meeting would like, but I guess that was not as far as they were willing to go on this issue. I attend camps every single year and I either attend or I participate in about 5 or 6 every year. I think attending camps helps you get used to the subscribed system (3 person for us) that is used and you get to hear from different voices about what you need to know and how you have improved or digressed. I think attending camps should be rewarded, it just seems like they are not going to give extra points for attending every year. I think they will stay with the 3 year requirement. Instead the IHSA just will give more points for attending a Class 2 (or 6 hour clinic) instead of attending a Class 1 Clinic (or 4 hour/which ever classification they hold on to).

Peace