View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 26, 2006, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins

My uderstanding is that if you attend a clinic in the same year, you'll get 5 points; if you attended the prior year, you'll get three points; if you attended 2 years prior, you'll get 1 point. If you haven;t attended, you'll not be eligible.

It rewards officials who attend clinics every year instead of just the minimum (one every three years).

The way it was explained to us at this meeting it would not be quite like that. At least that is way Dave said. I guess the board was uncomfortable to go that far. So somehow this will be used, I just was unclear how exactly it would be used.

Peace
Well, count me in the category of liking the idea as Bob posted it. If an official is serious about wanting to advance, they need to put in the time every year, not just sit back and say "I've done this for 20 years; it's my turn to do the state tournament now." The IHSA has already started down this path by having different clinics; a 4-hr. for those who just want to keep their license, and a 6-hr. for those who want to work post-season. This idea would take it a step further in allowing those who put in the effort every year to be rewarded a little more than those who do it every 3 years. Makes sense imo.

And, go Cubbies. (Sorry, Dan made me do it. It's true...it's true...)

(Used with permission.)