View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 26, 2006, 03:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: here's my problem

Quote:
Originally posted by 81artmonk
My girls team (middle school) gets called for "illegal screens" all the time. Becuase they are moving. By what you have stated, if no contact is made during the screen than it isn't illegal and no foul should be called....right??
Than a player can move with the ball handler screening the defender as long as no contact is made?? If this correct what section and what rule is that under?? thanks a million.
I do not think any of us can comment on why calls were made. We were not there. Just understand that games at this level do not always have the most experienced officials working them. Middle school games is where a lot of newer officials start and where older officials on the downside of their career work. So you will find officials working these games that are not as versed in terminology or the rules (mostly the newer officials).

Rules 4-40 (called Screen), 10-6-3(Contact) and 4-27(incidental Contact) all cover what is legal and what is illegal on screens.

Once again, no contact no foul. If there is contact, then if the player being screened is put at a disadvantage you have a foul. Also the player being screened cannot just run through the screen and can be called for a foul as well under the right circumstances.

Peace