View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 26, 2006, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bgtg19
Quote:
Originally posted by Nate1224hoops
I knew he was wrong when he made the call during the game. I simply walked over after the game was over and asked for an explaination. *** As far as letting it go, I don't know how I could have handled it any differently.
Respectfully, if you knew that he was wrong when he made the call, then there is no need for an "explanation." Right?

With respect to your comment: "I don't know how I could have handled it any differently," I'd like to suggest that a different approach would have been to leave one blown call in a blow out game *completely* alone and simply not walk over to talk to the official about it.

I'm not trying to call you out; I'm just trying to point out that you might want to rethink what happened. Best wishes.
With respect to everything you have said, I think the two above comments better serve the situation. I could have just let it go, but I wanted to know WHY a violation was called. Maybe I missed something. His call was a kicking violation. I knew that was an incorrect call; however, I just wanted his view of the situation. I simply, in the kindest way possible, said I think that rule states that a player must intentinally kick at the ball for it to be a violation. He responded with, "no,anytime the ball strikes the leg from the knee to the foot its a violation, check your rule book. It's a new rule." I knew he was wrong. I just put a bug in his ear about the INTENTIONAL part. Hopefully he looks it up and see's his mistake.