View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 26, 2006, 08:26am
Official Forum Member

As many of you know, I made the switch this year from officiating to coaching. Last night, we were winning big and this happens. A1 steps in front of a pass intended for B1 (A1 doesnt score very often so I was excited) as she intercepts the ball B1 reaches in and slaps down on the ball causing the ball to hit off of A1's shin. A1 was dribbling toward the other end of the floor.....TWEET!! I look up and the official, who is still learning the game, called a kick. Once the game was over I ask him about the call. I said, "doesn't it have to be an intentional act before it can be called a kicking violation?" He was very unsure of himself but replied with "it's a new rule this year coach, if the ball strikes anywhere from the knee down to the foot it's a kick...doesnt matter intentional or not. Get a rule book and see for yourself."

Well I left the game feeling as though he was wrong and I normally have a rule book in my bag but unfortunetly I didnt last night. Has anyone else heard of this NEW RULE???