View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2006, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bellnier
My daughter has played varsity ball for some years and I'm trying to figure out the small differences in refereeing trends from year-to-year. For example, up until this year we rarely saw calls for lane violations by free throw shooters...this year we see 2-3 each game. Last year we got lots of 3-second violation calls, this year not so many. Is there really a pattern, or am I imagining this? Do you guys get reminders on what to emphasize or look for at the start of each season?
As kids age they learn more about the game, increase their coordination, and generally become more competitive.

Sounds like you daughter and her teammates may have become more aware of the lane limitations and how long they are there. As they learn to play the game better, they start to infringe on violations that previosly did not came into play, or they were not creating an advantage by violating rules earlier, but now are.

Or

It could be a POE (point of emphasis).