View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2006, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

Every year we are give points of emphasis and expected to clear them up. I do not recall any emphasis on 3-seconds or free throw lane violations.

It could be that last year you had a kid who camped in the lane and got called for it 2-3 times per game and she could not find it in herself to get out until she realized that tonights officials were going to enforce it. Maybe this year you've got girls who played AAU ball all summer (they use women's NCAA rules and are allowed to enter the lane at the shot release) and they are struggling to adjust. I saw some of the girls games dealing with this at the beginning of the season as they were still adjusting.

It may not be the officials but rather a particular player who needs to get with the program. This late in the season, if you're still getting those calls against you, I would guess coach needs to address those kids.

At the varsity level, it's usually a pretty serious offense in order for an official to make those calls. IE: refs will try to chase kids out of the lane before calling 3 seconds.