Old Wed Jan 25, 2006, 01:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Re: johnny

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny1784
Quote:
Originally posted by Chess Ref
I saw that I thought I had seen one that specifically dealt with Techinical fouls.
It does for 'Three Officials' #357 yet for 2-person it states, "The Calling officials shall always change positions after each foul is called. The free official is responsible to force the change..."
The reason for the difference is that in 2-whistle, there is never an official directly in front of the coach or coaching box during a FT. So there's no reason to give the calling official the option of going opposite the table. The calling official is either going to be Lead (on the endline) or Trail (opposite the table). In neither case is s/he in a position to have the coach right in his/her ear.

In 3-whistle on the other hand, the calling official will be Trail, directly in front of one of the coaching boxes. So if the situation is heated, s/he has the opposite of going opposite and being the Center official instead of staying table side to be the Trail.