Thread: long night
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2006, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Ok, I'm venting a little, but I worked the absolute worst game of my career last night. 2 local 1A schools. I was home with the stomach flu all day, but had to suck it up and work because I couldn't find a sub. So I'm feeling crappy, but calling a decent game (I'd give myself a B, I was calling a decent game, but I wasn't in my usual positions at times just because my energy was zapped). Our girls game was the worst. Double bonus both ways with 2 minutes left in the half. The second half, believe it or not was worse. Double bonus both ways with 5 minutes left in the half. I was talking to the girls about getting their hands off every free throw, but they wouldn't quit. 3 visitors fouled out. I heard a fan say the 4th quarter took 40 minutes. Total game time was an hour and 45 minutes. I'll post the total fouls when I get a chance to check the paper (if anyone is interested), but I'm sure we were right around 50 or more. Luckily the boys game was pretty well played. Hopefully I'll never have to live through a marathon like that again.