View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2006, 10:29pm
Official Forum Member

I am a little confused as to where the drive really started. Did it start in the corner with the drive going parallel to the baseline? If so, there is only 5 feet max in which the player is in the T's primary. On step on drive puts him within L's primary. Or did it start out higher and go toward the baseline?

In either case, not knowing where the other players were located on the court, from your description of where the foul occurred the ball was clearly in the L's primary and you should have been looking off ball, probably in the middle of the lane. It sounds like it is the Lead's call, right or wrong, and it doesn't do well to get into the habit of questioning foul judgement calls on the floor.

Definitely discuss the play at halftime or post-game and maybe you can even get a tape of the game. Some schools are "videotaping" their games directly to computers in DVD format and are able to burn copies of the game within minutes of its conclusion. I have taken advantage of this several times this year..ref the game and leave with a DVD copy to analyze when I get home.