View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2006, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NSump
Quote:
Originally posted by jicecone

Who said anything about ignoring things?

If you feel that you have to insert yourself in every part of the game, go for it. I don't need to babysit and , my games NEVER get ugly.

The key is confidence in yourself and your ability to reel that rope in at any time to gain the control necessary to finish the games fairly and with minimum incidents.

For each of us, that confidence and tolerance may be different, based upon your experience. So what you may judge as being necessary to control, I may see as something that I should just ignor. Knowing when to insert yourself is a fine line that each official has to understand when applicable.

Having the ability to do so at the right time, is the separation between the good and really good official.
Jim:

I agree with what you said, except one thing.

Your games Never GET UGLY? Hogwash. I have worked 25 years, multiple National Championships, etc. I have had the benches clear, 9 ejections in one game, yada, yada.

And I AM a very good official.

Some games just get out of control despite our best efforts. I have done everythign perfectly and have the benches clear. I have done a horsesh** job and had them clear. If you do enough games with guys who shave, you will have "ugly" games. If you don't belive me, just look at the Pros.....and I would suspect they are pretty good umpires too.

Blaine

[/B]
Ok you caught me and I agree. But I am allowed to believe it.

I agree.