View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2006, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Re: lol

Quote:
Originally posted by deecee
why shed a tear -- the coach had ample warning from me -- i gave him an explanation -- he knew what was coming next -- he continued the discussion after i told him to move on -- then he continued again after i t'd him up the first time --

i am not quick on my trigger and 95% of the time when i T someone up they know its comin because

a) they said or did something that warranted one
or
b) i tell them whats going to happen if they continue on this course.

in my 7 years of officiating (4 HS) -- between HS, and aau ball -- i have probably given out less than 10 T's to coaches and players -- in rec league thats a different story (i might give 10 ts in one night).

I dont see how I screwed his team -- his player essentially decleated the screener and there was only one call for that (flagrant) it was beyond just intentional -- and he knew when his frst T was coming -- and he knew when his second T was coming too -- both comments that got him his technicals was because he kept on the same subject

"that was a ridiculous call"

and

"you are one of the worst officials i have ever seen"

so if i "screwed" this team then he was right with both his comments.
The flagrant, I agree with. Since the ball was live, it's not a technical, but I assume you already knew that (hey, we all mistype sometimes). But the way you handled the coach, that's another matter entirely. You ended up tossing the kid's coach and gave their opponents 4 additional shots. Maybe it would still have happened if you had handled the coach better. But we'll never know.