Old Tue Jan 24, 2006, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IREFU2
Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
I'm assuming you're just being descriptive by calling it a "player control intentional." They are, of course, two seperate types of fouls with different penalties. One particularly significant difference is that if you ruled it intentional, and there was any kind of made basket involved, the basket counts.
This is strange, but true!

If airborne shooter A1 intentionally fouls B1 and the try is successful, then the goal counts and B1 will be awarded 2 FTs with no players along the lane followed by a throw-in for Team B at the nearest spot from the foul.

Why? Because the foul by A1 is not a player control foul even though it was committed by an airborne shooter. It just doesn't meet the definition, since it was not a common foul.

You may want to look over the ruling on that. An airborne shooter is still a shooter until he returns to the floor. But if he passes that ball he is no long an airborne shooter. I dont have my rule book in front of me right now.

I'm lost. Where does a pass come into this?