View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2006, 12:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FishinRef
I can't believe that some officials are insinuating to a second year official "make up a call to CYA." The AP is there for this exact reason. Missing an OOB can be due to so many reasons it isn't funny. The fans may not like it, but I have yet to have a varsity or jv coach complain for using AP to resolve the issue. The main Point of Emphasis for the last serveral years has been sportsmanship! What are saying about ourselves here?
Personally, I'm with you Fishinref. I can see both sides of this argument, but I cannot bring myelf to make a call that I did not SEE! But, I'm not a varsity official and do not have three sets of eyes on the situation. I'm not sure I get the 51% reference what if I was 49% do I still MAKE UP the call. I guess my arguments are a little foolish but I'm only second year ref up against the REF GODS on this forum.