View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2006, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chrs_schuster
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
My pregame conference about that subject goes something like this:

"If I need help on a line call, I will blow my whistle and raise my hand and look at you. If you are 51% sure of the direction, sell it!"

I can't remember the last time I went to AP.

Z

I understand as a varsity official you might not want to go to AP. I guess that admits that all three officials missed the call. But, I'm not to comfortable with the notion that in the same situation in JV game with 2 officials you get the same call. Whats wrong with admitting that you did not see the correct call, and go to AP instead of getting it wrong and penalizing the wrong team. So lets say the same situation 2 seconds left in game, game tied, you still give the 51% call zebraman?
Yep, 51% sure means that my partner thinks that they know whose ball it is. We "think" we know on every call we make right? If my partner absolutely did not see it and neither of us know, we go AP. I'm not suggesting a blind guess.

You are correct that it's much easier in 3-person. I can remember a couple of AP's in my games in this sitch when our state used to do 2-person a few years ago.

Z