Thread: Fastest game
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2006, 03:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CA BBall Ref
7th - 8th Grade boys tournament. 2:55 Minutes into the game player A makes a steal and heads for an uncontested layup.
Player B from behind launches the airborne shooter into the wall. Player A collapses bleeding and with a blown out ankle. Before he hit the ground I signaled intentional and tossed player B. Player A coach who was his father comes running out onto the floor to get at player B, WHACK. Player B coach who was the players father comes running onto the floor at coach A, WHACK. Coach A goes after coach B and coach B goes after coach A, DOUBLE WHACK and bye bye both coaches. Everthing calms down and we shoot the intentional & technical shots. Assistant coach B looks at me as I was getting ready to inbound to resume play and says "YOU AND YOUR PARTNER SUCK!" WHACK #3 on team B and game is over as per tourney rules for 3 Tee's. 5:05 left in the first quarter and 12 minutes after the game started. Fastest game I have ever seen or been involved in by far.
Why did you give the signal for an intentional personal foul when you obviously called a flagrant personal foul since you disqualified the player?

Sounds like a great call, but consider refining your mechanics.