View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 11:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fonzzy07
On saterday night I had terrible table people. To make a long story short it was a close game going into halftime like 30 seconds left and the ball went out of bounds. Both teams call for a time out. In my judgement I belive that the home team called for it first so I award them the time out. I report it to the scorer and the game goes on. With 5 mins left in the game the away coach calls a time out. he is notified that he has one left and goes crazy because he believes he has 2 left. He calls me over and I tell him that I have no knowledge of the amount of timeouts each team should have, and so I can't change it. ( Did I do right). I do think however that the scorer must have heard the away team call for it and marked it before i reported it. I think this because at the end of the game the home coach came to me and said somehow he had an extra time out. If the home coach told me this when I was sorting this incident out with the away coach, could I have sorted it out even tho I had no knowledge???
thanks
Yep. Visiting coach is irked 'cuz he thinks he has one too few, home coach volunteers that he's got one too many, you have a situation where you can plausibly surmise that the scorekeeper recorded one on the wrong side of the book, that's good enough for me. Makes both coaches happy at once. You get a medal for that in some leagues!