View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 23, 2006, 07:22am
Official Forum Member

I came home last night after Coaching my Y 9-12 Grade Team to a neat 33 point defeat. I was a little upset that a few members of my Team were critical of my substitution pattern! We had 10 kids and it's an Equal Playing Time League....I tend to do 5 in.....5 out. I tried to explain that if I played our 5 best kids 3/4 of the Game....it's mathematically impossible for everybody to play 1/2 the game! They weren't buying it.....

Anyway, I sat down with an apple and flicked on the computer. Went right away to the "Breeding Area for High Level Officials" Post. I was doing alright until I read the Reply...."Julie's House".

I had just taken a big bite out of the Fuji and a chunk of apple lodge in my throat when I laughed! I started to choke and trash about. I turned blue in about 45 seconds. My wife came downstairs....saw me "blue" in front of the computer and said,

"Dear, you really need to spend less time on those XXX sites."

I pointed to my throat and she finally understood that I was dying. Luckily, there was a basketball needle on the computer table. She pushed it thru my throat. I still couldn't get enogh air thru the tiny hole. She grabbed the hand pump from my equipment bag and started pumping. Thank God she use to be an ironworker. She was able to maintain 8-12 PSI in me until the parmedics arrived. Another close call due to The Forum.