Thread: Whaddya do?
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 22, 2006, 11:48pm
Administrator

Years ago, Daryl Long (Preacher) and I had a women's jr. coll. game at Owens Comm. Coll. I don't remember who OCC opponent was for the game that afternoon except that it was a league game.

At the time, OCC played its men's and women's games in its student recreation center which had its regulation size court at one of the building with bleachers on only one side of the court. The bleachers, team benches, and scorer's/timer's table were on the same side of the court; this side of the court was against the outside wall of the building. The other side of the court opened up to the rest of the building that included another basketball court and an indoor tennis court. On this side of the court a folding chair was set up about six feet off of the sideline and a second game ball was placed on it in case the balling being used ended up bounding down to the end of the building.

About three minutes into the game, the game ball went down to the other end of the buildging. We picked up the ball on the chair and resumed play. We playecd with this ball for almost ten minutes of game clock time during which OCC made five three-pointers and jumped out to a twelve point lead. About this time an OCC player went to the line for two free throws and complained that the ball was a men's ball. Oops!! We quickly got a women's ball into the game. The player missed both free throws and OCC went on to lose the game by about twenty points. That player should have kept her mouth shoot. LOL

MTD, Sr.

P.S.: Daryl was the R in the game so I am going to blame him. LOL At least that is my story and I am sticking with it.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio