View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 22, 2006, 11:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dave30
I sat and just watched the fans today during a 4th grade boys championship game. My partner and I had already finished and went over to watch the last 4 minutes of this game. It was well-called by a couple of veteran officials. I still could not believe some of the comments I heard from fans in the stands. It wasn't your typical "go back to foot locker comment"...it was pure hatred ! Also, the games run back to back all day. This was the last game so the refs had an opportunity to leave as soon as it was over, but not before the losing parent and one coach came straight at the refs spouting obscenities and saying they were cheated.

I just cannot understand the mindset of a grown human being who can get that caught up and that intense about who wins a 4th grade boys game! It is ridiculous! How can a person live that way? And we wonder why there is so much violence and lack of respect for teachers, police, etc. These parents have no control of themselves, much less control of their kids.

I think it is just sad.... Are there any organizations out there to teach youth players and parents how to behave more responsibly?

[Edited by dave30 on Jan 22nd, 2006 at 11:38 PM]