Thread: Technical?
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 22, 2006, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
You can have those type of symptoms from a heart condition, and be almost immediately OK with the proper medication. People with diabetes, for instance, also can go through almost exactly the same thing and be fine after taking a little orange juice.
Yea, I know. I had a partner who has early stages of diabetes faint on me during a game in a holiday tournament, and he was back and ready to go by the next game. Funny thing about that game - we had some chirping going on by both coaches and fans, but after my partner's fainting spell, our third and I didn't hear a single thing from anybody through the end of the game. I guess it drove home the point there are more important things than a game of basketball. Since then we always include in our pre-game whose turn is it to faint if coaches and fans get out of line...
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Didn't you tell us once that you still get giddy, light-headed and sometimes faint at Backstreet Boy concerts too, M?
Nah, that was Beatles concerts. Get your boy bands straight, will 'ya?

I guess we need to have a tape of the game, or an eye-witness tell us the actual time frame of the events. I have seen coaches go to their knees to react to a call, and I've seen T's given for that reaction. I would think once it became obvious there was a medical condition involved, I would quickly call an inadvertant whistle, or whatever, to recind the T. I just wonder if something was said to go with the drop to the knees? Or perhaps he really did drop to his knees to react to the call, then that's what precipitated the fainting. Maybe I'm starting to get too cynical in my advancing years?...

(Used with permission.)