View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 22, 2006, 02:00pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Well, it's lasted almost 5 months but I gave my first unsporting T of the year today.

It's youth league, YBA, their annual tournament, so they've got 2 NBA size courts cut into four gyms with curtains. The problem is you can hear the whistles from the other gyms.

There was this really loud whistle in the next gym, and everyone stopped, my partner thought I called something, I thought my partner called something, the player with the ball stopped dead in his tracks along with the other player, then he took a few steps, and the opposing coach wants us to call a travel.

After figuring out that the whistle was from the other gym, we decided to rule it as an inadvertant whistle, and give the ball back to the team that had control when the whistle sounded.

So I go to explain this to the coaches, and the one coach did not like it at all. He wanted the travel, because appearantly the same thing happened earlier in the game and we did nothing. He was very irate about it so I warned him using hte stop sign and asked him to sit down. As he was sitting he said, "You have to call it both ways, the rules are the rules!" Loud enough for the opposing coach, the oppsoing team and his team to hear. So I whacked him.