View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 20, 2006, 11:00am
I Bleed Crimson

This is my first year as a wrestling official. I've been involved in football for about 10 years, and since I wrestled in jr high and high school, I thought it'd be fun to branch out. It is nice to see things (other than the weight classes) haven't changed much since high school, and I'm having fun with it. I have two questions though.

My question is on stalling. I don't have the books in front of me, and it mentions that an overpowered wrestler cannot stall. How is this statement interpreted? Do they mean a wrestler on their back? What if one wrestler is obviously stronger, and the weaker guy just cannot compete (i.e. cannot overcome a strong rider)? I remember in high school (I guess about 15 years ago) I was cautioned for stalling because I bridged out of bounds. The official said I had to try and get out of the hold and could not use the out-of-bounds to escape the hold.

Second is on bleeding. Say the top wrestler has a pinning combo and is going for the fall. One of the wrestlers starts bleeing. Is the match stopped immediately? Or only when the hold is broken or a fall is earned? If you stop it early, how do you handle near fall? Is there a point awarded for stopping the match? What if there is not an imminent fall? Is there a point for stopping the match?