View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Absolutely a T. I had an almost identical situation in a varsity game a few weeks ago.

1st round boys varsity, holiday tournament (neutral site). Extremely physical and sloppy game -- Fouls were 12-8 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Gold had been down the entire game by as much as 15 at one point, but had brought the game all the way back to 1. By about 2 minutes left, we were lucky if we went 30 seconds w/o a foul being called...it was that physical and sloppy. That being said, nothing was blatant, flagrant, etc. Just hard basketball.

With 1:30 to go, I'm C far side. 4-on-3 fast break by Red. As Red1 goes to take a 3-pointer, Gold2 and Red2 tangle up feet and go to the ground right in front of me..no foul, had nothing to do w/ the play, just simple they weren't looking and ran into each other. In the process of falling, Green2's foot accidentally contacts Red2's head. Red2 jumps up, looks at me, and goes "That's Bulls**t!" At the same time, the shot goes hits the rim and goes over the backboard. Whack! Red Coach wanted an explanation, and he accepted it. Bottom line is, no matter what the score, what the situation, what the time left is, it's a T everytime.