View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by FrankHtown
In response to the part about the baseline shooter,if he took the shot from your primary, and you were on-ball, it's your responsibility to take the shooter up and bring him back down, not the trail's.
That's true, Frank. But BRG's problem is that he's having trouble seeing the shooter all the way to the floor b/c he's too close to the shooter and defender. When you get close to the bodies, you can only see the upper half of them. So the question is: should he take a step or two back, away from the endline; or should he officiate the contact up high and have the Trail officiate any lower body contact?

I vote for the former. Take a step or two back if you can. If you can't, then try to work a little wider, although this may put you at a bad angle to see through the play. So you wouldn't do it in that case.

I think it's better to be a little bit off the end line. I know at a couple I've been to, they expect to be right on the end line. But you know how they say to take what works and throw the rest away. . .?