View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 09:05am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Blum
I call it and am starting to go report it when #3 White starts walking away from clapping his hands and says "That's BullSh**", loud enough for me to hear it even though he's walking away. I call the T.

When I go to explain why I call the T to the coach he tells me that it's part of the game and it didn't deserve to be a T. I was totally stunned by this comment and I am interested in what you guys would do.
Well, I wouldn't have gone to explain the "T" unless I was very specifically asked by the coach what the "T" was for. I can't tell from your post above whether the coach did ask you or not, but if he didn't, just keep t'hell away from him. If he did ask, then simply say "your player said something to me that was derogatory and profane". And... turn your back, stick your fingers in your ears and walk away. Of course, the coach is gonna make a comment. He has to. It's mandatory. I think that it's in their coaching manual somewhere. As long as his comment isn't profane or derogatory (or never-ending), then just ignore him.

As for the OOB call, doo-doo happens. You can only call what you know. Don't worry about it.

Jmo.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Jan 19th, 2006 at 09:08 AM]