View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 08:47am
Jerry Blum

City Tournament Boys JV game last night. Fairly close game through out, Home team lost a 5 point lead and was trailing by 2 or so with about a minute left. 2-man mechanics I'm Lead, ball gets passed into corner opposite me. I have come across the lane a little to get a look at post play. Ball is knock loose and ends up being tipped around a little and White ends up standing OOB with ball. Partner(T) got blocked out and couldn't see the play. Once guy came down OOB I looked to my partner who hadn't blown whistle yet because he couldn't see it. When he realized that they were OOB he blew his whistle and looked to me for help. I saw white standing OOB with ball and gave the ball to Blue. When Blue inbounds the ball white tries to trap and fouls Blue 20, I call it and am starting to go report it when #3 White starts walking away from clapping his hands and says "That's BullSh**", loud enough for me to hear it even though he's walking away. I call the T.

When I go to explain why I call the T to the coach he tells me that it's part of the game and it didn't deserve to be a T. I was totally stunned by this comment and I am interested in what you guys would do. I'm thinking that I should probably talk to the AD and explain what the coach told me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As well as any suggestions about how the preceding play was handled(OOB play).