View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 01:58am
Official Forum Member

You can't

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
Just spoke with my Commissioner for High School assignments. He recommended that I take a lower position and closer to the sideline as Trail. Obviously, the fact that he recommended it means that I need to do it.

We work all two man (District VI, Idaho) and I often find myself high and toward the middle of the court when the ball is located on the far side of the court. Occasionally, I will find myself with one foot in the division circle or close to the circle but in the back-court. The ball is still 20 feet or more away and I do recognize that I still retain responsibilities for the action transpiring on my side of the court.

Commissioner's concern is that no one else is doing this. They are all making a long distance call if one needs to be made. Additionally, he works a lot of 3-man college ball so his position is one that is nearly off the court and sliding down as the lead transitions to the opposite side.

What pointers can you all give me for trying this new lower, more distant position as Trail? How do I get good angles and avoid being blocked out by other players in the middle of the court?
"How do I get good angles and avoid being blocked out by other players in the middle of the court?"

Mechanics are often the last refuge of scoundrels.