View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Here's my guess. And it's a total guess, but here goes.

NCAAW will simply adopt the NBA's officials' manual lock, stock and barrel.

NCAAM will not change, except maybe to do "walk-and-talk" reporting, since it's done a lot already anyway by the big dogs.

HS will not change at all (except hopefully to adopt a "team control" signal). I know one guy on the rules committee, and there is some tension between the committee and Mary. I don't think they will readily accept changes to reflect the pro game.
Chuck, you seem pretty cycnical about the NCAA-W and the mechanics they choose to use. Why? I don't understand why it seems to bother you so much.

And my guess would be that NCAA-M adopt not only the walk-and-talk, but also the two-handed reporting...
Rocky,

Our Commissioner of basketball here in GA already has us adopting most of the Women's mechanics, including 2 hands reporting. A lot of us are really struggling with the below free throw line coverage area. No matter how hard you are working at it individually, it really makes the whole crew look like $hit when you have one person on the crew that won't switch areas when they are either at lead or trail. However, a few times this year I have been on crews where everyone was on the same page and it does work smoothly. It is still a work in progress down here.

Mulk