View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
That's a tough one because you are working the trail position correctly for 2-person. Is there anyone you know who has the commissioner's respect who could maybe show him a couple diagrams from the NFHS official's manual showing the trail working the arc?

Working the trail as 2-person and 3-person are different and there are valid reasons that we work them different. What your commissioner is suggesting is going to end up making it very difficult to get angles in 2-person and result in lots of long-distance AT&T calls. It does a disservice to the kids.

Z
I agree. As Trail. I try to work an arc that goes from sideline-FT line extended to as much as half way across the court & between 3 pt arc & division line, depending on where the ball is.
I guess that's how they teach it around here. To me it depends a lot on where the ball is. But in girls, I mostly work the arc that Tim says. In boys', sometimes I find myself at the spot I'd be in for a free throw, or even back further and closer to the sideline. The trick is to move in order to get the best angle, and close enough to have credibility.