View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 18, 2006, 12:32am
Official Forum Member

Last year, doubleheader womens varsity followed by mens varsity score was 18 - 0 in favor of the visitor.at the end of the first quarter. Carpeted gym floor, and the roof starts leaking around the free throw line. Wet carpet is very slick. THe home team who was getting beat agreed to call the game and take a forfeit. It was inevitable. Varsity boys game to follow. I told the A.D. and the coach the leak had to stop and the floor had to be dry or I would not do the game. The A.D. had a cow saying he was the only one who could say it was not safe. I told him it was my responsibility and if they could not take care of the problem my partner adn I would not start the game. My association & myself would be personally liable for allowing a game to be played under dangerous conditions. Needless to say the rain stopped and they got the carpet dry by the next game time plus a few minutes and on we went. I would NEVER allow a game to proceed with dangerous conditions. You and your association could be liable for any injuries that might occur.