View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 16, 2006, 08:40pm

Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
Nah, we had just as many throwdowns three years ago. Many of them involved Rut, but we had plenty. This place is not nirvana and some members forget that thick skin is needed below any UnderArmour.

It's a shame that one can't disagree and toss a barb to an umpire. My goodness, the instructors at pro school are way worse than anything you see here. Those guys don't go dragging tail home thinking, "That mean man couldn't just answer my question politely?"

We see the same arguments, questions and opinions surface from time to time. Some deserve a carefully constructed jeer and others demand our respect. It seems that that is the real problem. We see fewer and fewer of those threads to begin with.
In umpire school, the instructors are there to teach you a lesson, and many times they are simulating a coach. They are not acting as one umpire to another. Just like when I went to boot camp as a young man, where I fully expected to be yelled at and called names, because that is what drill sergeants (and umpiring instructors) are there for. Umpires on forums should be more interested in bettering the profession, and less interested in seeing who can write better, express themselves better, or who uses better grammar. It's one thing to zing or razz someone, but personal attacks, barbs, and insults, when done in a cruel, degrading manner, should be reserved for the likes of coaches only.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25