View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 15, 2006, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hooper
As a coach, I would probably have appreciated your comment... although I might have been a little unclear what you meant by "talk to number X." Talk to her and tell her to lay off? (ie: reprimand her more) Talk to her and explain why you called the foul? (ie: assist in teaching a player a little about the game).

My reaction would also depend on how chatty you had been up to that point in the game. If it was clear that you, as a ref, were friendly and interested in teaching, I would appreciate the comment and thank you. If you had thus far not said anything to me or I perceived you as being hostile or unfair, I would be a little more leary...

...but I definitely wouldn't argue with you if I thought you were trying to help. Just my 2 cents. Sounds like this guy deserved the T.
If coach watching the same game I am, then coach probably knows what I'm referring to. If #X is doing some crap and I think you might not see it, I'll probably be more specific. If coach gives me a response like in the original sitch, and/or his player continues to screw up the game then Mr. Fox will sign #X another song.