View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 15, 2006, 06:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

No one I have ever run into uses 100% perfect mechanics. I know many of us would like to think we do, but we by far fall short. The only thing the stop clock mechanic is going to do is show you know the mechanics. It does not show that you can officiate or that you can call plays correctly which after all is the most important thing. I agree that you should use the mechanics properly, but if the people that do the assigning in your area do not care, it really does not matter what mechanic you use. The NF mechanics are a guide, they are not absolute. If you do not believe me ask officials from North Dakota and Louisiana how important they.

I also agree with Snake-eyes on this to. Whether you say you are a nobody or someone that has not earned a certain amount of respect with the officials in your area, either way you are not in a position to do many mechanics differences at this point of your career. Once you have reached a point where you are respected by all (which might mean you have to work a couple of state title games or work D1 or any other high level college ball). Only then will you be able to do whatever you choose to do.

Peace