View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 15, 2006, 02:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by refTN
blindzebra can you please point me in the direction of which or as many of those citations that you used that says just because a ball is fumbled in the player's hand that it doesn't constitute him still being an airbone shooter, or in continous motion when he gets fouled.

and by the way you gave the kid two shots when he got fouled, right?
The original play says the ball clearly LEFT the player's hand(s). The burden of proof is in your court.

Where do you draw the line?

Is a ball moving slightly on a player's hand the same as a ball that goes completely away? If not what is the cut off? An inch? 6 inches? 1 foot? 3 feet?

I might also point out that the NBA case play says regains control in the SAME motion, which I read as the ball becomes loose but does not get away from the shooter's hands.

For me it would be almost impossible to see a ball become loose but stay in contact with the shooter's hands, but it is pretty obvious if the ball is completely out of the shooter's hand(s) and then repossessed.

Yes, I waved it off and gave the kid 2 shots. After the report all I had to say to the coach was, "It was a rebound that went in, after the foul."

Did not hear another word about it from the coach.