View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 14, 2006, 07:47am
Official Forum Member

Last night...girls varsity from rival schools in a one point game. Red point gaurd (clearly their best player) gets two quick fouls called on her from my partner to start the second quarter. On the next trip dowm the floor after her second foul she tries to make a steal while pressing and clearly goes through A1 so I give her her third foul. Since that put white on the line for one and one we start heading down the floor when I notice A1 put both hads in the air...say something...then lower them in disgust. I didn't want to T her and give her a 4th foul so I decide to do some preventative offiating.

I ease over to the Red coach and say (as best as I can remember).

Me: Coach you may want to talk to #1, she is getting frustrated.
Coach: I can't blame her, your whistle was real late.
Me: May have been a little late coach but it was clearly a foul.
Coach: Yea but your whistle should have been faster...
Me (interupting): It was just a comment coach and I will try to have a faster whistle.

The coach starts to complain about the call (the one he just admitted was a foul) and continues on about the whistle. I say "Let it go, coach." and move away about a step and a half. He then starts complaining about the other two fouls my partner called. I tell him "We're done coach, that's enough"...he continues so I repeat it and put my hand up in a stop sign. While my hand is still up he keeps going so I leave it up and say "Last chance coach...that's enough."

He increases the volume a little but keeps going...Whack.

After I told my partner the situation and go to administer the shots while she tells him he is seatbelted the remainder of the game I couldn't help but wonder if I had baited him into a T.

There was a member of our chapter working the clock (he is affiliated with that school). At half time I ask him to join us since he heard the interaction. He didn't think I baited him but I want further input.

Thanks