View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 13, 2006, 03:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

My point has always been we know that it is an emotional call or situation. I think we should not go out of our way to avoid the coach. You think if the coach is carrying a brick for an official after the T is not going to have one the first foul called and you stand next to the coach? I think we do way too much to avoid bad behavior from a coach instead of just doing our job. It is not our responsibility to "calm down the coach." That is the coach's responsibility to calm themselves down. I agree with Tommy that it is also one of my pet peeves to have partners try to explain things for me when I can speak for myself. I also do not try to explain things for my partners when they have a better look at something or they made a judgment on something I either did not see or know what happen. I used to think differently when we always went opposite table for every foul. Now that we go table side for every foul, most coaches are very aware of what happen and when they do not understand that is why you are there to give information. I remember when the table side change came into play, I was one of those that thought it was a bad idea because all coaches would do was b!tch and complain. I have found that coaches say almost nothing when you are standing right in front of them after a tough foul call. Then they behave when you are standing in from of them because they do not have the opportunity to show out across the court. Now when we are standing in front of them they know they have to watch their words and usually get the hint. Why treat a T any different?

Peace