Thread: A great finish
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 13, 2006, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

I've coached a number of crazy ones this year:

1) Tie game, opponents holding for last shot. They miss with about :07 left, my star gets rebound and goes coast-to-coast and wins it with a ten-foot runner that beat the horn by about a full second.

2) Up by three with less than ten seconds left, opponents take a two and we call timeout with 5.1 left. We get the long inbound pass and a layup at the horn to win by three.

3) Down by three with 24 seconds left, use last timeout to set up a play for a three. Play breaks down and ball goes out deep in corner with 11 seconds left. We get an exchange between our star player and best shooter, the shooter's girl leaves to double our star, and she kicks it back to the shooter for a three that swished as the horn went off. Won going away in OT.

4) Down 15 at half, rally all the way back to lead by one with about 20 seconds left. We make just one of two, and they call timeout. We are the better team so I was sure they were going for the three. Sure enough, but we forced them to get a tough one off, leaning from about 23 feet. Off the glass, off the rim, and...out as we hang on to win by two.

I'm going gray.