View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 13, 2006, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: One colleague to another

Quote:
Originally posted by bgtg19
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
His comment was naive, and each and every post he makes is layered with arrogance, so saying something like that is naive would not lead to that assumption.
For what it is worth, and it isn't worth much, you're falling into the same trap, Blindzebra, that Rut often falls into. When you say that "each and every post [Rut] makes is layered with arrogance," you simply are not telling the truth. Rut makes many posts, in many threads, that are gracious, insightful and valuable. Now it *is* true that Rut often makes posts that carry with it an arrogant tone -- even if he protests, unconvincingly, that he does not mean it that way. But your blanket characterization of him is just as inappropriate/unhelpful/wrong as the behavior for which you find reason to criticize him.

That's just my opinion, and I see that I'll not succeed in persuading either of you to say "oops" and move on, so I'll try to take my own advice and say: Oops, I've written too much here. It's time for me to move on.
What you need to understand bgtg19 is that no matter what Rut says guys like BlindZebra will have a problem with it. It does not matter on way or the other what the comments are about or the topic. BlindZebra is going to find fault in the conversation. He is one of the many posters here that think everything they say is perfect or carries the right way. Rut writes the exact same way as many of these guys here and the same guys get upset when someone even thinks to say something to them. It does not matter what Rut's opinion is on this topic because he has the right to hold it. Then you get someone like BlindZebra and starts name calling because he has nothing better to do. Bgtg19 none of this is going to change that is what people do here.