View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 13, 2006, 01:35pm
Official Forum Member

Re: How much

Quote:
Originally posted by assignmentmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by cdaref
We just started with Arbiter this year. I think it is awesome. Our assigner loves it. It is so easy. It sends you email reminders of games. It is a database for contact numbers and phone numbers for your partners and links to maps for school locations. You can get your schedule or the entire schedule at the touch of a button. Apparently there is a way to do evaluations too but our association hasnt activated that yet. In fact, it was brought up at our meeting this past monday and everyone voiced their support for it again and all the rank and file said they loved it. It has ways to handle rotations so you arent working the same spots and partners all the time. It lets you as an official block out time on your calendar so that you dont get games when you dont want them. It is a great way to do announcements for cancellations. You get notified of them by email. It is web based and really easy to use. I love it.

And I agree it makes meetings more about basketball. NO time is now spent handing out assignments and changing things and all that paperwork.
How much does your association pay for the software access, per year?
Arbiter has an fee based on the modules you use, plus a fee per offical. We pay less then your assignmentmaker software costs. Arbiter runs pay reports, creates invoices, the works. I've looked into a few different programs, and quite frankly, based on my extensive research, The Arbiter is the best program I have found out there. Someone above mentioned that you can go in and block dates/times you are not available. Not only that, you can block partners, schools, just about anything you want to block. Great value for the money.