View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 13, 2006, 01:16pm
Esteemed Participant

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nate1224hoops
Quote:
To answer #1: Why would I see it. B/c I am the T official and I am also watching for other violations. You mean as the T, you simply look down court while the ball is being inbounded? I guess since there is no pressure the throw-in-violation shouldnt be called either?? I guess you wouldnt see a dribbler move his/her pivot foot either??? WOW. I hope what you meant is that it almost never happens and thats why you arent looking for it..not because you arent watching the ball in your area, guarded or unguarded.

#2..."game interupters." Another broad stroke with a slim brush. You consider them game interupters the opposing coach considers a walk/palm/throw-in violation in the backcourt a TURNOVER. I more possesion for his/her team.
Anyone besides me think that someone is missing the point here??? I think I can honestly say that I don't "watch the ball, guarded or unguarded" at any time...I referee the defense. When the defense is close to the player (and no that doesn't just mean within 6 feet) with the ball, I will see the pivot foot move or the carrying violation that allows the player to get around the defense...if the defense is 45 feet away, I will probably miss that carrying violation. And I have never once been nailed for that by any evaluator or supervisor...again, those things are called "game interrupters" and no one wants to see them called - not even the coach who hollers about it that one time...they just like to holler.