Quote:
Originally posted by Nate1224hoops
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
He has a thyroid condition for which he gets 2 pills a day and hacks up his cat dinner at least once a week - usually on something I left sitting on the floor
That cat should be coyote bait.

I keep telling my wife one day she'll open the freezer & find him staring back at her, nestled between the frozen chicken & the frozen peas...

jeffpea, your's is a good point and maybe your words are safer than mine (could be I was trolling a bit, caught me a nice one, eh Nate? ).

Point remains if you're aware of some activity the coach is complaining about and the crew has been letting it go for some reason then do not tell him you'll "watch for it". Tell him you see it too but it is not worth a whistle.
Hey Dan....again I dont agree with your statement "I see it but it's not worth a whistle." Assuming you work HS Varsity level games, which I think you do, for me this would not be an acceptable answer. If a HS V coach in my area is continually complaining over #24 holding then there is a good chance #24 is holding. I am not going to lock onto that player and watch every move, but I may be a little more observant.
Nate, again my point is if you ARE aware of what the coach is complaning about but have decided to let it go tell him. If A1 & B1 are banging bodies the whole game and the crew is aware of it (which they should be) do not tell the coach you'll watch for it when he politely complains his big guy is getting killed 10 minutes into the second half ("There's a lot of contact both ways coach"). If the coach complains that B1 is palming the ball in the BC don't tell him you'll watch for it. The reason being the very next time "it" happens he will rightly be all over you wondering why you didn't call it, since you told him you would look for it.

Otherwise a simple smile & "OK coach, I'll look for it" is fine.