View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 12, 2006, 08:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mplagrow
As long as there are so many threads about coaches going, what do you guys tell a coach who says, "Watch number 24 for (fill in the foul or violation)!" Last time I had a coach say that, I just said, "I'm watching the whole game!" Do you ever give an OK to that? I tend not to, because I don't want it to seem like I'm acting on their directions. How about, "We're on it!" Other ideas?
If it is prior to the game (I had this happen last year) tell the coach that after you get done with talking to him/her you are going to go ask the opposing coach if there is any player on his team he would like me to watch out for. I had a coach ask me last year during pre-game if I would watch number 24 because she pushes a lot. I said I would and that I would also ask the other coach who I should watch on his team in order to be fair. He obviously did not like my response but couldn't challenge it either since I said it very politely. By the way, the player he asked me to watch did not push at all, scored a bunch of points and was the other team's best player.