View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 29, 2001, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by parkssa
JV Boys tournament last week. A no-call (by my partner) went against the home team that the coach didn't agree with. It resulted in a turnover. The coach (in his box, but standing) complains loudly about the no call. As I go to the sideline to administer the throw-in, he's still complaining and says something to the effect of "you're cheating our kids". I quietly told the coach that was enough about the call and asked him if he was done. He said yes and we went on. Question: should this have been a T for his comments or was this handled fairly?
Using my criteria for a "T"... the coach has made the transition from an "emotional" response to a "calculated" response which questions the integrity of the crew. Therefore...automatic "T". My only consideration before making the call would be - will this "T" have a direct impact on the outcome of the game? (e.g. - tie game/less than a minute to play)...if I feel the "T" could be the difference, (in private) "Coach, under different circumstances that disrespectful comment gets you a "T". If you forget about the play I'll forget I heard your comment and we'll let the players decide who wins this game".