View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 12, 2006, 03:13am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
acctually, I have an even worse example.

We had a tournament for small players (boys-94/95) and we were 3 "old" refs and 3 new educated once. And one of these, poor guy
All game, he ran looking at the ball (ok, lots of people do I suppose, but there's more), the problem was, he never ever blew the whistle, not once! A guy came running past him, and he was a good 2 meters (almost 7 feet) outside the lane! And he didn't blow, a defender stopped the dribbler using a grab in his jersey, throwing him to the floor, a meter from were the official stood, he didn't blow it.

He listens when you tell him, but he doesn't change, and with this extreme referee shortage (we only have 20 refs for the senior series, and nobody to ref the other 20 divisions of youth in diffrent ages (clubs come up with anybody they can get, if there is one, coaches might have to ref there own game)!

And the worst is, this guy hasn't changed yet, and he's done another 5 games now, if he blows the whistle twice (on throw ins) it's a great game for him (he doesn't blow on throw ins either, he just points, usually the wrong way *sighs*)

anybbody got tips on how to speed up the learning a bit, I uually tell the new officials to blew 3 minutes left to game and such, just to get them to blow the whistle once, that usually helps (and it also shows them before the game that they will be in the center evry time somebody hears that whistle, evrybody will be looking at them, they have to get used to it sooner or later)