View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 11, 2006, 09:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bgtg19
This is too broad a stroke. Some coaches try to con officials into doing something, and when you discover that you can tune *that* coach out; but don't tune out all coaches. Some coaches try to play mind games, and when you discover that you can refuse to play along. I think it's helpful to enter a game with the expectation that a coach is going to treat you with respect; then adjust course if the respect is not forthcoming. A respectful request from a coach to "watch so and so" is fine with me.
You look at it as a board stoke, I look at it as reality. I have even had coaches say directly to me after an exchange like this, "I can beg can't I?" Coaches know what they are doing. You never see them tell you to watch their own players for obvious infractions and fouls. I also did not say I had a problem with them simply asking, that is what they do. I just do not have to put much stock into it. The best coaches I know are not spending their time worrying about every call. I know who to watch for and what to watch for. I do not need their help.

Peace