View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 11, 2006, 08:53pm
Official Forum Member

I absolutely say I will watch it. I don't feel that means I am not watching everything else but helps the coach to know that I am willing to listen. I have NEVER had a coach abuse that and tell me to watch a whole bunch of different things, but I guess that could happen. In that case I would deal with it differently.

On the flip side I have had coaches ask me to watch (fill in the blank violation or infraction) and if they keep complaining I sometimes say "give me a number, coach". Most of the time they have no number ready to give and we move on. It works really well. I had a coach respond with "everyone, all of them are holding!" I said "really coach, you honestly want me to believe that EVERY player on there team is holding on EVERY play?" That was the end of that complaint as well.

I never think it is a bad idea to talk with coaches who are respectful in a respectful way and at an appropriate time. Sometime I find they are RIGHT and # so and so was actually setting doing what they were saying.

Just my opinion.