View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 10, 2006, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally posted by cmckenna
7th grade girls rec game yesterday. Coach gets very loud to me protesting that I should have called a throw-in violation on a girl that dribbled the ball before throwing it in. He was insistant that this was a violation to the point where at the next dead ball he yelled across the court to my partner... "Hey, can they dribble the ball before throwing it in?" To which my partner replied, "Sure". At this point the coach yells, "then your going to have to show me that in the book because I know your both wrong!"

Later in the game this same coach wanted to know why I blew the ball dead on a 1 and 1 and didn't allow rebounding when the ball didn't come within 3 feet of the ring.

This was the 5th game of the day and I never wanted to get out of somewhere faster in my life. Earlier in the day I ejected an *** coach for yelling across the court that the PC foul I called against his team was the worst call he had ever seen (this after getting a PC his way about 1.5 minutes earlier) and then yelling after my T that the T was the second worst call ever. He got another and an exit.

It's this kind of crap that seems to get worse every year that is going to make me get out of this !!!
Use those games to your advantage! That type of play and administration can only help you on high levels when you have to give out technicals or deal with coaches. I look at Rec Ball as practice for High School and beyond!