View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 10, 2006, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JohnBark
Question

last night at a JV girls game. 2 man crew. my partner had just called a foul on the visiting team and was reporting that foul to the scorer. while he was doing that the home team coach told him the visiting team had the wrong starters listed in the scorebook. so, my partner (the R last night) whistled a T for the visiting team for having the wrong starters in. the visiting coach was holding his book in his hand and showed my partner the starters he had listed in his book, which were different from the official scorebook. my partner said that wasn't the "official" book. then the coach looked at me asking for help. i said the same thing my partner said, that isn't the "official" book. so, we shot the T.

at half, the AD of the home team told my partner he should have showed the "official" book to both coaches prior to the start of the game. i told my partner i've never seen that done at any level and that it's the coach's responsibility to make sure the correct players, numbers and starters are in the "official" book.

has any of you ever showed the "official" book to each coach prior to the start of a game?