Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

I guess it's the parent in me that's talking.
We agree on this.
Quote:
I want the girls' well-being to be at the top of the priority list for the coach. If she's really hurt, and really can't get up, the coach should be out there tending to her. If he's not, I think he needs to be answerable to someone.
I beckon the coach if the player is obviously hurt in some way or unconscious. Or if he tells me he cannot get up (something stronger than "just give me a second"). Or if the coach is walking out to see what happened anyway. And if the coach comes out he better bring along a trainer if one is available. Otherwise if he's just standing there looking I'll wait.
That sounds about right, for your level. I've got to admit, in reading this thread, I'm seeing some differences in my thinking between an 8th grade girl (had a game yesterday) and a college age young man. For your sitch, what you say makes sense. When it's an 8th grade girl, I will give a few seconds, but if she's not hopping right up, I want that coach out there pronto. If he's (coach) delaying, I want to see a parent standing up and yelling at him to hurry up. That's how I was reading the original post question.
Makes sense, although I wouldn't play it any different if it was a JV or V HS game.